The CGIAR Research Program on Climate Change, Agriculture, and Food Security (CCAFS) recently published information about its ongoing projects online. Greenhouse gas emissions quantification activities (link to https://ccafs.cgiar.org/themes/quantifying-agricultural-emissions) conducted through CCAFS are adapted to the needs and geographies of each region. For example, CCAFS is targeting livestock, coffee and cocoa in Latin America, and rice production systems in Southeast Asia. Data includes calculations of the biophysical and socio-economic feasibility of mitigation in intensified agricultural systems, including for women and marginalized groups. The following projects are associated with SAMPLES.
• Mitigation in livestock and low emissions development pathways in East Africa https://ccafs.cgiar.org/mitigation-livestock-and-low-emissions-development-pathways-east-africa#.Vd8UuouW_iM
• Supporting low emissions development planning in the Latin American cattle sector https://ccafs.cgiar.org/supporting-low-emissions-development-latin-american-cattle-sector#.Vd8Tb4uW_iM
• Agro-economic analysis of all climate change mitigation options in India https://ccafs.cgiar.org/agro-economic-analysis-all-climate-change-mitigation-options-india#.Vd2-wouW_iM
• Low emissions opportunities in rice-dominated landscapes in Vietnam https://ccafs.cgiar.org/low-emissions-opportunities-rice-dominated-landscapes-vietnam
• The Climate Food and Farming (CLIFF) Network https://ccafs.cgiar.org/climate-food-and-farming-network-cliff#.Vd8Um4uW_iM
• Improving estimates of nitrous oxide emissions from agriculture https://ccafs.cgiar.org/improving-estimation-nitrous-oxide-emissions-agriculture#.Vd8U0ouW_iM
• Collaboration for rigorous, low-cost emissions estimates https://ccafs.cgiar.org/collaboration-rigorous-low-cost-emissions-estimates-0#.Vd8U7YuW_iM